Monday, October 10, 2016

Shep [1 Month]



Shep is one month old today! I cannot believe it has already been a month since this sweet boy joined our family. He is such a treasure and I am so thankful for his sweet nature :)

Weight/Heightt: I'm not sure about height but at his 2 week check up he was 7lbs, 11 oz. I'm sure he has gained some since then though.

Hair: Shep is taking after his brother in the hair department! He came out with a head full. Although his brother definitely had more and it was much darker.



Eyes: Blue for now :)

Clothes: All newborn with no chance of moving up anytime soon. My guy is little!

Diapers: Newborn but we will move to 1's after we finish this box!

Sleeping: We are following the Moms on Call schedule for feedings/sleep again and so far things have been going well! He wakes up once in the middle of the night to eat and is still sleeping swaddled in his Rock & Play. He actually doesn't even have a crib right now since Bennett refuses to sleep in his twin bed. We plan to get Shep his own crib soon and will just worry about transitioning Bennett when he is ready : )


Likes: SNUGGLING! This boy loooves to be held and wrapped up cozy in his Barefoot Dreams blanket. When I tell you I was desperate for a cuddly baby I'm not kidding.. I am SO happy that he likes to be held and wants to be close to me. I'm even more thankful that he sleeps well on his own too ; )

Dislikes: So far Shep is pretty happy 90% of the time. The other 10% he is either hungry or is in the car. So far he does not love being in the car. Hopefully as he gets bigger he will be more comfortable in his carseat.


Eating: I was really excited to have the opportunity to breastfeed again. Since my BF'ing journey with BT was less than ideal and pretty much emotionally draining I was hopeful Shep would be different. Unfortunately that didn't happen. BF'ing Shep was the most painful experience I could imagine. His latch was awful and I did everything to try to fix it. By the time we got home from the hospital I couldn't get the formula out fast enough! I did think about trying to pump but honestly I was in so much pain the thought of it terrified me. Now that Shep is exclusively formula fed I am so much happier. He is currently taking 4oz every 3 hours during the day and wakes up once in the middle of the night to eat.


Milestones: Shep had his first "real" smile this week and it was precious. He has two dimples that are so cute!

Baby items we can't live without: Rock & Play, MamaRoo, Wubanub paci, and Solly Baby Wrap!

I still cannot believe I get the privilege to be a mama to two sweet boys. Literally living out all my childhood dreams and I could not be more thankful!

3 comments:

  1. Precious boy!! You're killing it, friend!! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to come snuggle him so bad!!! He's the sweetest boy ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I rememeber you posting about the moms on call schedule with Bennett and that was what made me try it out and I'm so glad I did! We had our 6 week old sleeping through the night🙌🏼 I'm so glad things are going so well with Shep! He's precious :)

    ReplyDelete